The VertiMetric rethinks the standard methods of measuring a vertical jump. The device introduces the technology of an accelerometer to analyze and interpret a subject’s vertical jump height and power delivered by the lower extremities. With the VertiMetric, users are no longer required to go through setup of large wall mounted apparatuses or required to land on small mats. The user simply straps an accelerometer to his or her leg and jumps.
The VertiMetric is the ideal device for measuring and recording vertical leap and leg power for fitness evaluations, athletic combines, and university research. Its portability, wireless transmission, and storage capabilities give you the perfect combination of a quick, easy to use hand held device that also provides you with the flexibility to store and analyze your data against customizable norm groups.
- Use of air time to determine jump height
- Accurate to within ±1/2 in.*
- Adjustable ankle strap
- Easy to use handheld interface
- Storage of up to 30 test subjects’ data = 150 jumps
- Leg Power calculations completed using the Sayers Formula
- Selectable units (English, Metric)
- Evaluates subjects with up to 5 jumps per test
- Rechargeable Li-ion batteries with 6.5+ hours of lifetime
- USB to PC interface
- PC software with the ability to emulate the handheld unit and store all jump results in a vast database
VertiMetric Software Model 01110-SW – Sold Separately
The purpose of the computer software for the VertiMetric is to take the capabilities of the handheld unit and enhance them to create an even more versatile device.